Sai Baba, one of the foremost sadgurus of India, lived in Shirdi for 60 years and elevated it to the status of a great spiritual center. Shirdi is located in the western state of Maharashtra, India. He never preached, toured or discoursed. He shunned unnecessary publicity. Yet by the sheer brilliance of His spiritual fire he drew innumerable devotees to him from all over the country, irrespective of their caste or creed. He took Samadhi in 1918 (i.e, cast off his physical body). Yet his power to mould and develop his devotees is such that, even more than 96 years after his samadhi, Sai Baba is still a dynamic spiritual force that countless devotees invoke for their spiritual and material welfare.
Sai Baba stressed the importance of surrender to the guidance of the true Sadguru who, having gone the path to divine consciousness himself, will lead the disciple through the jungle of spiritualtraining. He had no love for perishable things and his sole concern was self-realization. He taught a moral code of love, forgiveness, helping others,charity, contentment, inner peace, and devotion to God and guru. He showed no distinction based on religion or caste. He also said, "Trust in me and your prayer shall be answered". He always uttered "Allah Malik" ("God is King").
We urge our readers who are new to the Sai Philosophy to read Sai Satcharitra – the wonderful life and teachings of the supreme master of our age.
1. Whoever puts his feet on Shirdi soil, his sufferings would come to an end.
2. The wretched and miserable would rise into plenty of joy and happiness, as soon as they climb the steps of my Mosque.
3. I shall be ever active and vigorous even after leaving this earthly body.
4. My tomb shall bless and speak the needs of my devotees.
5. I shall be active and vigorous even from my tomb.
6. My mortal remains would speak from my tomb.
7. I am Ever living to help and guide all, who come to me, who surrender to me and who seek refuge in me.
8. If you look at me I look at you.
9. If you cast your burden on me, I shall surely bear it.
10. If you seek my advice and help, it shall be given to you at once.
11.There shall be no want in the house of my devotees.
Hindi - Temple Prayer Book
English - Temple Prayer Book
Tamil - Temple Prayer Book
Telugu - Temple Prayer Book
Kannada - Temple Prayer Book